In this policy, any use of the terms “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our/s” shall mean The Personal Training Company Limited, whilst any reference to “you” or “your/s” shall mean the user of this website.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
By using this website, you accept the following terms and conditions in full.
1. The Company is the data controller for this website. The Company details are as follows:
The Personal Training Company Limited
Company Registration Number C 35419
Registered address: 10/2, Triq l-Imsaqqfin, Baħar iċ-Ċagħaq, Naxxar
Email address: [email protected]
In order to contact us about any data privacy matter you may either use the Contact Us page on this website, or the email address above.
2. The data we may collect through this website is limited to your name and contact details, as well as any information (such as your preferences and interests) related to the services you may request of us, including any customer offers or surveys. This data will be processed solely to understand your needs and provide you with services or information that you request of us. Your data will not be passed on to any third party, nor will it be used for any purposes other than those stated in this policy. Should we need to use your data for any other purpose we will inform you of this change beforehand.
3. The personal data we collect from you may be used for one or more of the following reasons.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our products and services.
- We may send promotional emails from time to time about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website or our services according to your interests.
4. We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
5. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
6. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
7. The length of time for which we will retain your personal data once you have provided it to us will vary depending on the reason for which it has been collected. We will not retain data beyond the period for which it is required, and should we need to keep it for any longer than that we will contact you to request your consent.
8. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected] or by unsubscribing through the appropriate links provided in email messages sent to you.
9. You have the right to request access to your personal data, and to obtain a copy of that personal data. In order to do so you may contact us by email on [email protected] Before processing your request we will ask you to provide proof of your identity through an identity card, driving licence or a similar document. Once we have verified your identity we will provide you with a copy of your personal data at no charge, although additional copies, or repeated/frequent requests may result in a small administrative charge which will be communicated to you beforehand.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
10. You are reminded that you have the right to lodge a complaint with your local or national Data Protection Authority if any remedy we provide to you regarding your personal data is unsatisfactory. In Malta, this is the Office of the Information & Data Protection Commissioner, which may be contacted through the following website: www.idpc.org.mt
11. At all times all personal data processed by the Company will be processed in line with Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta (Data Protection Act), and EU Regulation 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
This policy was last updated on 30 June 2018. You are invited to check this policy from time to time, should there be any future updates.